SimpleMail is a new mailer for the Amiga platform (both classic and OS4) and compatible systems
It is intended to be as portable as possible so there speaks nothing
against a version for other systems, like for example Windows.
In the current state, SimpleMail is an beta version but it is
very stable however as we try to implement every feature so that
it works and go then on to the next one. However, SimpleMail
grows very fast and with your help it can overgrow YAM soon.
You will always find the latest versions (which are not
necessarily placed in the AMINET) here. Here is
also a FAQ, please read it carefuly!
If you have any questions or bugs then send them to the
user-mailinglist please, whose URL you'll find in the links. Bug reports should submitted to the
Bug Tracking system.
But if you have encouragements send them to one of the developers. Their e-mail addressed can be found in
contact. And actually, if you
like SimpleMail that much, it is possible to express your encouragements by donating some money to our Paypal
account. In order to do so, use the paypal button at the footer of these pages and then process the instructions.
However, every feedback is much appreciated!
A new version of SimpleMail has been released! Version 0.39 comes with following changes:
The SimpleMail Team wishes you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2013!
- Enhancement: Filter rules may be created now from attributes common in multiple mails
- Enhancement: Supports ATTACHMENT/K/M argument for both the command line and the MAILWRITE ARexx command
- Enhancement: Included more translations
- Bug fix: Fixed memory leak.
- Bug fix: Various multi selection problems
A new version of SimpleMail has been released! Version 0.38 comes with following changes:
The SimpleMail Team wishes you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2012!
- Applied a workaround to circumvent possible crashes with SSL IMAP connection on AmigaOS4
- Fixed a problem with IMAP login and passwords containing spaces
- Added a new "Complete mails" mode to IMAP folders. If this mode
is enabled, complete emails are downloaded in the background
rather than on demand. The mode can be changed within the folder
settings, which can be brought up via menu entry
- New progress monitor system. When a task is active, a progress
overview is displayed in the status line. More details about
pending tasks can be viewed by pressing the button next to
the progress bar. Clients for this subsystem are currently
only the IMAP subsystems that are responsible for downloading mail headers
and complete mails.
- Live OS4 compiles of SimpleMail can be downloaded now from
Only the binary is distributed in this form at the moment,
not the full archive. Note that version obtained from this
location are considered as experimental for now and are
no official release versions.
A new version of SimpleMail has been released! Version 0.37 comes with following changes:
- Fixed config save bug introduced in 0.36 that didn't allow the charset information to be stored
- Fixed DSIs/Enforcer Hits of the folder window
- Now longer should crash, if a read window is open and the application is closed
- Retrieving new messages from huge IMAP folders should be faster now
- Selecting a IMAP mail, now downloads the mail if the preview area is displayed
- Several cleanups addressing the port for MorphOS (henes)
- Resolved some issues with the text completion of email address fields
A new version of SimpleMail has been released! Version 0.36, which also marks
the 10th anniversary of SimpleMail's first release, comes with following changes:
The SimpleMail Team wishes you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2011!
- Better handling for CC field when replying
- Optimized mail list rendering
- Improved IMAP support
- Possibility to display a graphical quotation bar for citations (see Configuration > Reading plain)
- Possibility to disable the automated "deleted" folder cleanup (see Configuration > General)
- The 68k version utilizes and requires AmiSSL 3 now for ssl connections (OS4 version already did since a while)
- Bug fixes as usual
A new version of SimpleMail has been released! Version 0.35
comes with following changes
The SimpleMail Team wishes you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2010!
- New ARexx commands: MAILDELETE, MAILMOVE, MAILSETSTATUS, and VERSION
- Added new column in the mail list: Excerpt
- Added a new search option: Body
- New command line arguments: PROFILEDIR and IMAGEDIR
- Fixed a bunch of bugs and memory leaks